Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the Sterile Processing Technician program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic technical skills in managing the process for surgical instrumentation sterilization, inventory control and supply chain management, and information technology as it relates to the sterile processing environment.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors of caring, accountability, responsibility, respect for the quality care of patients, acceptable attitude and attire, and organization and time management skills.
- Work independently in a team of central sterile processing technicians who are collaborating to maintain sterilization and storage.
- Utilize critical thinking skills as a basis for clinical judgment and anticipatory decision making when managing all tasks related to sterile processing.
- Effectively apply verbal, nonverbal, and written communication principles and skills in the workplace.
- Maintain industry standards of quality control and safety principles in the workplace.
- Uphold legal and ethical standards and adhere to principles of patient confidentiality within the health care community environment as defined by HIPAA.
Graduates of the program are qualified and encouraged to take the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution’s (CBSPD) Sterile Processing Distribution (SPD) certification exam. Tuition includes a prep course and one exam attempt fee.
A new career in healthcare awaits. Take the next step and call us at 209-545-5200 to find out how to get started!
ED GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE 2017-2018
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN 34 WEEK
ED GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE 2019
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN 34 WEEK 2019